Best Strapless Nursing Bras
One of the great joys (and annoyances!) of breast-feeding is having much bigger boobs than normal. Most women will go up at least two cup sizes!
The best nursing bras for strapless dresses
In all honesty, there are only a few strapless nursing bra UK retailers sell. We’ve done the groundwork and found the best of what there is to choose from. You’re welcome!
‘Samfe’ Strapless Wireless Nursing Bra – best for smaller boobs and comfort
These strapless nursing/maternity bras are also known as Mom’s Tubes.
- Super soft and flexible fabric.
- The material is strong and supportive.
- Comes in a variety of sizes but is best suited to smaller breast.
- The cups fold down for easy feeding.
- A great bra for fitting breast pads into. This is especially useful when protecting expensive, delicate or coloured dresses from leaking milk.
‘HotMilk’ Forever Yours Multiway Nursing Bra – best for flexibility of use and support
Looking for the best bra for strapless dress glamour?! This is it!
- Soft and smooth fabric for comfortable wear.
- Moulded cups offer support when the bra is in strapless mode.
- Flexible underwire gives great shape but doesn’t dig in and cause sore spots or chafing.
- A one-handed drop cup on each side for quick and easy breastfeeding.
- Comes in a nude colour which is perfect for summer dresses and elegant outfits.
- Padded full cup for a fantastic shape and stability.
- Six hook and eyes on the back strap for lots of adjustability as your shape changes.
‘Amoralia’ Luna Strapless Flexi-wire Nursing Bra
A beautiful pink moulded nursing bra at a bargain price.
- Moulded cups create stability and support.
- The silky fabric gives a lovely, smooth silhouette.
- Fold down drop cups allow for quick, easy and discreet feeding.
- A supportive band under the breasts for lift and support.
‘Panache’ Evie Moulded Strapless Bra – not a nursing bra but a great option nonetheless!
This isn’t a nursing bra but for occasional use this is worth considering.
- A moulded, structured cup offers support and stability.
- Correctly fitted this bra will work for ladies with bigger breasts too.
- No drop cups but could be folded down for feeding. A large scarf or pashmina could be used to provide discretion.
- A slim breast pad would fit inside the moulded cup.
When to get measured for a nursing bra
Nursing bra shopping will be required a few weeks after your baby has been born.
When a breast-feeding routine has been established and your milk supply has regulated, your boobs will have grown as much as they are going to and your tummy will have begun to get smaller. This is when it’s time to get measured.
Having a proper fitting with a bra specialist in shops such as Bravissimo, Marks & Spencer or John Lewis is very important.
Why would you need to invest in a strapless nursing bra?
So, what happens when you have a May Ball or a summer wedding to go to? Have you fallen in love with a gorgeous strapless dress that would be PERFECT if it weren’t for your enormous new boobs?!
And what about your beautiful but VERY hungry baby? A spaghetti strap dress for hot days won’t work with a ‘supportive but matronly’ nursing bra and a baby who needs to latch on.
Maybe you have lots of lovely camisole tops or holiday styles you’d love to wear but would look ugly with your standard nursing bras?
A fantastic strapless nursing bra is exactly what you need when buying and wearing dresses to breastfeed in. Yes, they do exist. There aren’t many it’s true but there ARE both bandeau and multi-way styles to choose from.
But first! Here’s a strapless bra trick or two to consider when shopping:
Buy a strapless maternity bra with a smaller band size than you usually wear. The tighter band will act as extra support to keep your boobs high and happy. This is advice from the gorgeous model, Ashley Graham who has lots of experience of both motherhood and dressing DD+ breasts.
Choose a maternity strapless bra that has removable straps such as a multi-way. Remove both straps, then take one and wrap it round where your bra will sit on your ribs and secure it. This will add stability and lift without getting in the way of the drop cup and your baby’s feed.
Looking for a more sporty bra to stay active? Have a look at our favourite sport nursing bras!